ABOUT SALVOS STORES


Our Vision

We are the leading and most sustainability-conscious recycling charity retailer in Australia.


Our Mission

To provide our services in harmony with Christian principles, professionally and efficiently, as well as in an environmentally-responsible manner, thereby maximising funding for Salvation Army programs.


Our Values

  • Compassion and professionalism in our actions and ethics
  • Extraordinary service to our customers
  • Consideration for the environment in our daily work
  • Outstanding quality in everything we do
  • Growth, development and safety of our people


About Salvos Stores

Salvos Stores is the retail arm of The Salvation Army Australia Southern Territory and operates over 200 retail stores in Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, Tasmania and the Northern Territory. Salvos Stores operates as a fully functioning retail business, recycling pre-loved goods and relying heavily on the generosity of the public.

Salvos Stores maintains a professional retail network and dedicated store staff, professional Support Office and a great team of retail managers.

All profit from the sale of goods at Salvos Stores contributes to invaluable community programs operated by The Salvation Army.


History of Salvos Stores

Salvos Stores has been in existence in various forms since the 1880's. The Salvation Army Prison Gate Brigade initiated a salvage works program which acted as work therapy for those coming out of prison. The profits from sales funded the program.

Thrift shops opened throughout the Territory and each state had a central collection and distribution centre. This work became known as The Red Shield Industries and provided work therapy for people in the homelessness and rehabilitation programs. This financed The Salvation Army's social programs.

In the early 1990's there was a structural change and The Red Shield Industries was re-named The Salvation Army Family Stores. The Salvation Army rehabilitation programs and the retail arm were now separate entities.

In 2006 the name was changed to Salvos Stores.